Jul 17, 2012

Inaugural Post and Cawdor Gang WIP

Welcome to "So, ... I play this game," a blog where I will chronicle, hopefully on a semi-regular, ideally weekly, basis, my latest adventures in painting toy soldiers.

First up, a Cawdor gang for Necromunda that I picked up on Ebay a few months ago:


At the same time, I also picked up an additional blister of Gangers, and the two other Cawdor Heavies (the grenade launcher and the heavy bolter):



Funny story/cautionary tale: While bidding on the above items, I was also trying to score a blister of the two other Cawdor Juves but lost out to a higher bidder. The Cawdor box above was sold as sealed NIB. When it arrived I noticed that the cellophane on the box looked odd for a GW factory job (crinkly and yellowing), but shrugged it off.

When I opened the Cawdor box, however, I immediately knew it was not originally sealed, as all four Juves were included (the box is only supposed to come with two of the four) along with the four Gangers, Leader, and Heavy.

I don't know how they got in there, and I came out ahead on this one, but it just goes to show that sometimes you can never be sure what you're getting off Ebay and that you should always scrutinize your purchases.

Anywho, I decided to paint the gang up in batches of five models, which should allow me to spend enough time on them - hopefully bringing them up to a high tabletop standard - without losing interest.

Two of the four Gangers and the one Heavy with mold lines and flash removed, gun barrels drilled out, and gaps filled with liquid greenstuff:





I later sanded the greenstuff down to get a smooth finish. As a side note, I'm a pretty big fan of the liquid greenstuff. I know it's gotten some mixed reviews, but I've found it to be extremely workable in filling gaps.

Next up: Final prep work and undercoating!

Till next time, keep painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to receive thoughts, ideas, comments and criticisms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...