Jul 25, 2012

WIP: Cawdor Gang Undercoat

After prepping, the four Gangers and Heavy went into the spray booth to receive a coat of Vallejo grey Surface Primer:


I'm still getting the hang of my airbrush, but I think the pieces came out pretty well. I have a dual-action jobber, which, from what I hear, has a steeper learning curve than a single-action airbrush, and there were a few occasions where I laid down more paint than I wanted.

Overall, the Vallejo primer went on remarkably smooth and, luckily for me, is fairly forgiving. Only one of the Gangers developed a trouble spot of built-up paint (circled in red below):






Bases undercoated:


Next up: Basecoating.

So, until next time, keep painting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Always happy to receive thoughts, ideas, comments and criticisms.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...